Bollywood icon Kader Khan passed away on December 31st 2018 at the age of 81, leaving a gaping hole in the Indian film industry and the lives of many people who grew up watching his movies.
Most people, at least the 90s kids, remember him fondly for his comic roles, which were nothing short of iconic, as hardly anyone could achieve perfect comic timing like him.
Here’s a list of some of his famous movies that fans can watch with nostalgia, and remember his supreme talent of making people fall off their chairs from laughter:
1. Coolie No.1– This David Dhawan comedy would be incomplete without the comic timing of Kader Khan, who plays the concerned father of Karisma Kapoor. Govinda has a double role in the movie.
2. Haseena Maan Jayegi– Kader Khan plays the role of Amirchand who is the father of Sonu and Monu played by Govinda and Sanjay Dutt.
3. Hero No.1 – Another David Dhawan classic where Kader Khan pairs up with Govinda as his son. Govinda turns into a ‘bawarchi’ in order to impress his love interest Karisma’s family.
4. Aankhen– Another David Dhawan flick starring Kader Khan as the father of Chunky Pandey and Govinda. The trio of David, Govinda and Kader Khan pelted some major blockbusters and this was one of them.
5. Mujhse Shaadi Karogi– This is one of the most memorable and funniest roles played by Kader Khan in his career. He played the role of Salman Khan’s landlord in the film.
6. Dulhe Raja– Govinda probably owes a lot to the chemistry he had with Kader Khan, that actually catapulted him to the insane amount of fame that he enjoyed. Kader Khan plays the role of Raveena Tandon’s father who is against her marrying Govinda. Super funny and a full-on laughter riot.