Frieza is in it and he’s GOLD.
1. Toei Animation has released a brand new trailer for their upcoming film Dragon Ball Z: Fukkatsu no F (Resurrection of F):
This will be the second Dragon Ball Z film to be released since the last Dragon Ball GT episode aired over 17 years ago. In 2013, Toei Animation released Dragon Ball Z: Battle of the Gods.
2. So the trailer starts off with a flashback to the last time Frieza (one of the show’s main antagonists) was seen in Dragon Ball Z:
You know, getting split in half with a sword by Future Trunks.
3. Then, we flash forward to today, where we see Frieza’s iconic spaceship descending on earth:
4. We see a revived Frieza emerge from the spaceship, and there’s Goku just waiting to deliver a brand new 2015 can of whoop-ass:
Hopefully, the film will explain how Frieza managed to come together in one piece (Perhaps the Dragon Balls were used? Who knows!).
5. We see Master Roshi and Tien fighting off a massive army of Frieza’s henchman:
Master Roshi looks good for being over 300 years old.
6. We see Krillin flying through the woods, Piccolo blasting at something, and Gohan transforming into a Super Saiyan:
There’s a hardcore punk rock song playing over the whole thing.
7. We see Frieza transform into… gold?
Kinda wish the transformation was something more than just looking like an Oscar, BUT WHATEVER. IT’S FRIEZA.
8. And we see Goku screaming his lungs out while performing a Kamehameha.
“FRIEZAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” – Goku.
9. Oh, and we see Goku getting his ass kicked as well.
Because it’s not a Dragon Ball Z movie if we don’t see Goku getting his ass handed to him.
10. According to Crunchyroll, the film will be released in Japan in 2D and 3D on April 18, and also on some IMAX screens in the country.
This will also be the first time a Dragon Ball film will be released in 3D.
No release date for North America has been announced.